Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Drive Safe-a-lee

Makayla has the sweetest heart and says the most sweetest things sometimes. For about a year she says to me every morning..."Drive safe-a-lee Mommy." Every-single-morning! It's very cute and at first I wasn't quite sure she even knew what she was saying. She must have picked it up from someone. AND, what made it cuter was if she thought she had forgotten to tell me while I was still in the house, she would run out to the garage to tell me again.

She got in the habit of telling me and Mike to drive safely before he left for school during the evenings and for me going to work. Then when Mike's parents were watching the kids for us during Mike's externship, she would tell her Grandma and Grandpa to drive safely every evening when I got home from work and they left.

The other day, the kids were playing in the pool we had set up and I was watching them while Mike went on a run. Makayla comes to me and asks where Mike went and I told her that he went running, she asked me..."did you tell him to run safe-a-lee?" How cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment