So it was supposed to be for her birthday...and here it is almost the end of July, BUT she is still six...so that counts...right?
We took her this last Friday to the mall and she was so excited. She had to wait until I got home from work. That's all she talked about to Brandon all day. He thought that he was going to get his ears done also and got quite upset when she told him it was only going to be her. Mike had to keep reminding him that boys don't get their ears pierced (although Makayla kept correcting Mike and told him that she has seen boys with pierced ears -- who she is talking about we have no clue). When I got home from work was the first time she asked..."Is it going to hurt?" I couldn't lie, so I said yes, a little...okay so it was tiny white lie.
So we were off...to the mall...to pierce my precious baby girl's ears. So sad. We got to the mall and I had already gone online to see our earring choices and knew what I wanted. I told Mike that she would probably want the Hello Kitty studs, which she did and which we cleverly steered her away from. We (meaning ME) chose a lavender daisy stud (she wanted the rainbow daisy stub)...um...I won no doubt!
She practically jumped up into the chair and waited for the lady. The lady marked her ears and Makayla squealed with excitement! Then both ladies came at her with the guns, I think that stopped the excitement.
They did it quickly, she jumped a little and her face turned white and she looked in shock. Poor girl, she held back her tears and I quickly tried to stoop in to redirect her thoughts from the pain to the prettiness of the earrings. It shocked her for maybe a couple of minutes, but she was back to herself in the Claire's store...asking for every.single.item in the store.
So now she LOVES having her earrings and loves to tell me that she is six now and has pierced ears. Oh boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment